Module #1 (Wednesday, 9th August, 2017)- Email and Internet
- Internet – Seniors will learn what is internet, why do we need internet, type of browsers, homepage, how to surf on internet safely, how to search information, read news online, downloading information, hyperlinks.
- Email – Seniors will learn what is email, various types of email ,how to sign up/sign in, how to compose an email and send/receive/download attachments, email etiquette/safety measures.
- Facebook – Seniors will learn to what is Facebook? how to sign up for Facebook,why do we need Facebook.They will also learn how to connect, communicate and engage with friends, family and colleagues and socialize online.
- YouTube – Seniors will learn how to signup/sign-in on YouTube, search and play videos, like, comment and subscribing to the YouTube channel.
- Smartphones – Seniors will learn what is smartphone, the meaning of various icons on the screen, how to message and make phone calls, how to save contacts, view calling history, different applications and how to download them.
- Tablets (iPad and Android) – Seniors will learn what are tablets, how are they different from smartphones, understand different app icons, how to download those apps, how to safely surf the web on tablets.